It's often important to know some details about phone numbers you're dealing with. If a phone is a landline, wireless, or VOIP and the whereabouts of the phone often play a role in your workflow. When it comes to cell phones, this information is pivotal to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
By using Verify My Phone Basic, our customers can determine high level information based on various area code and prefix algorithms (NPA-NXX and NPA-NXX-X) we've developed that leverage multiple data sources which are updated on a periodic basis. Due to number portability and rapidly changing landscape of phone number assignments, this method is suitable for casual use -- to get a rough idea a phone may be a landline, wireless, or VOIP. Also knowing the likely geographical region and possible telecom carrier is often useful.
For mission-critical uses like cell phone scrubs required for compliance (the most common being TCPA), Verify My Phone Pro provides authoritative real-time information based on the actual 10-digit phone number. Because millions of phone numbers have been ported and tens of thousands of changes occur daily, various checks must be done to best identify the current telecom carrier and phone type.
It's commonplace for a number to have changed multiple times after the original area code and prefix assignment 714-555 (NPA-NXX) or 714-555-1 (NPA-NXX-X) but despite this obvious fact, many cell phone scrubs rely on this approach.
- Steer clear of Class Action lawsuits and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) violations -- on average there are 15 multi-million dollar cases per year.
- Scrub for wireless phones by using Verify My Phone Pro so they may be removed from "auto-dialer" queues per TCPA.
- Develop smart workflows by determining if a 10-digit phone number is landline, wireless, or VOIP -- like manually dialing cell phones.
- Avoid TCPA violations of $500-$1,500 per occurrence.
Avoiding lawsuits and TCPA violations is not only good business, it's easy, inexpensive, and preserves your company's good name
Trust our industry-leading technology made available through various delivery channels:
- Web-based users. See this information in our results (when phones are returned) and by using the "Verify My Address & Phone" button.
- Batch Uploads. Upload your file and receive results in a matter of minutes.
- Integrations. Use our XML Web Services to integrate with virtually any software platform, creating a seamless and unattended flow of information.
So just how reliable is our Verify My Phone technology? There are commercial NPA-NXX products that are used by marketers and telecom carriers that are based on Verify My Phone Basic data and algorithms.
To help along the way, we offer free demos and training, both via web-based video conferencing and on-site. Just in case, emergency support is available 24/7.
Please contact us to learn more.